Terms of Business
Fresh Start is a scheme operated by Voyager Insurance Services Limited. Voyager Insurance Services Limited is an independent insurance intermediary and acts on your behalf in arranging your insurance. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our Firm Reference Number is 305814. We are permitted to arrange, advise on, deal as an agent of insurers and clients and assist in claims handling with respect to non-investment insurance policies. You can check these details by visiting the FCA’s website, www.fca.org.uk/register, or by contacting the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6788.
Our Duty of Care to You
– Fresh Start will, where it is reasonably practical, confirm in writing instructions to act on your behalf and this will include appropriate reference to any recommendations made but declined by you.
– We will take appropriate steps to understand your insurance needs.
– We will provide adequate information to you to allow you to make an informed decision about the General Insurance Products or General Insurance Activity-related services being proposed.
– We will advise you on the key features of the insurance proposed including the terms and conditions.
– If unable to match your requirements we will explain any differences in any other insurance we propose.
– Fresh Start will levy a £35 (including 6% IPT – Insurance Premium Tax) non-refundable Administration charge for every policy written or renewed. This charge will cover any further administration work we carry out on your behalf pertaining to your policy throughout the year. However, if a policy is cancelled by you mid-term for any reason, (other than cancellation during the 14 day “cooling off” period) this will be carried out on the following basis:
– Pro-rata return of premium less 10%
– Please note no refund for cancellation will be given where there has been a claim, or potential claim on the policy during the current period of insurance and the full annual premium will become due and payable. You are advised to seek our advice before deciding to cancel any policy.
– Fresh Start will not incept/renew cover on your behalf until either the full premium is received, or if paying by installments, your deposit of 20% of the premium, the administration charge and a signed mandate are received, unless otherwise agreed by us.
– We will disclose to you upon request any payment that we receive for providing to, or securing on behalf of you, any additional General Insurance Activity-related services.
Your Duty to give information to Insurers
– Your insurance is based upon the information you provide to the insurers when arranging or renewing the insurance or making any mid-term changes. You must ensure that all such information given is complete and accurate. Please take care to answer all questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge.
– You are responsible for all answers or statements that you make when arranging the insurance, on proposal forms, statements of fact, claim forms or other material documents and you should ensure that these are full and accurate.
– If you do not answer the questions correctly at the start of the policy or fail to advise the insurers promptly of changes to the information you have given during the period of insurance, this may invalidate your insurance cover and could mean that part, or all, of a claim may not be paid.
– We will provide you with prompt written confirmation and details of the insurance which has been effected on your behalf including identifying the Insurer(s), and advise any changes once the contract has commenced at the earliest opportunity.
– We will forward full policy documentation without avoidable delay where this is not included with the confirmation of cover.
Fresh Start will:
– Respond promptly to your queries and correspondence.
– Deal promptly with requests for amendments to cover and provide you with full details of any premium or charges to be paid or returned.
– Provide written confirmation when amendments are made.
– Remit any return premium and charges due to you without avoidable delay.
Protecting your money
Prior to your premium being forwarded to the insurer, and for your protection, we hold premiums received as agent of your insurer and so your policy is treated as having been paid for once you have paid us.
If you believe you have a claim under this insurance, you should notify:
Fresh Start Insurance Services
13-21 High Street
Tel: 01483 806900
Data Protection and Confidentiality
We will treat any information received by us from you, about you, with the utmost discretion and respect and in accordance with current legislation including the Data Protection Act 1998. Under the Act you are entitled to a copy of your personal data held by us upon written request and payment of our fee of £25.
Conflicts of Interest and Treating Customers Fairly
Occasions can arise where we, or one of our clients or product providers, may have a potential conflict of interests with business being transacted for you. If this happens, and we become aware that a potential conflict exists, we will write to you and obtain your consent before we carry out your instructions and we will detail the steps we will take to ensure fair treatment.
Fresh Start Complaints Procedures
Our aim is to provide you with a quality insurance package that is backed by a high level of client care.
If, however, you believe that we have failed you in any aspect at any time during the insurance process, we will happily investigate your complaint. Your complaint, whether orally or in writing, should initially be taken up with the Account Executive that handled the case.
We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 Business Days of receipt and you will be advised of the person who will be dealing with the complaint.
We may be able to respond to a complaint immediately, for example, if the complaint is made orally to an Employee with the necessary experience and authority to deal with it on our behalf. If this is not possible, a written response will be given within 20 Business Days of receipt of the complaint unless the complaint is sufficiently complicated to warrant longer investigation or it requires review of information outstanding from a third party, in which case we will advise you accordingly.
Our response will be either:
– Accept the complaint and offer compensation, where appropriate, or other form of redress;
– Reject the complaint, giving full reasons for doing so; or
– Be a combination of 1 and 2 above
If a response cannot be given within 20 Business Days, you will be informed in writing of the reasons why we have been unable to resolve the complaint and that it needs more time to do so. We will also advise you of when you can expect to receive our final response. Where you have a right to refer the matter to an Approved Dispute Resolution Facility, you will be informed of your right to do so if you are unhappy with our response. We will advise you on how to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service in this event.
We are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we are unable to meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Further information about the compensation scheme is available at www.fscs.org.uk or by telephoning 020 7892 7300.
Get a Fresh Start Home Insurance Quote
To get a Fresh Start Home Insurance quote, click the ‘Get a Quote’ button on this page and fill out our short online application form.
If you would like some assistance when completing your application form do not hesitate to call our Fresh Start Home Insurance specialists on 01483 806 900.